Meditation has become increasingly popular in the world as a way to reduce stress, stay fit, improve focus, and enhance well-being. There are several benefits of using meditation apps including health benefits, mindfulness, good mental health, stress relief, and many more that we will be discussing in detail. You might be not available to go outside for meditation because of several reasons but you surely use your phones. Now there are several best Meditation apps available to do meditation with the help of them. Let’s take a look at the Best Meditation and Mental wellness apps.
Benefits of Using Meditation Apps
There are several benefits of using meditation apps that come with numerous advantages for individuals that use meditation apps regularly and with a proper timetable. Let’s have a look at the benefits of using meditation apps.
- Stress reduction – Meditation apps have gained popularity for their potential in reducing stress and Mental well-being. There are several meditation apps that provide a diverse selection of guided meditation sessions led by experienced instructors that help you stay stress-free life.
- Mindfulness journey – Meditation apps are very useful for every human, these apps provide guided meditations in detail, self-improvement, reminders for your meditations, various exercises to stay fit and relaxed, and progress tracking of your meditation on daily life activity.
- Personalized guidance – Most Meditation apps offer personalized guidance and support based on the needs, preferences, and progress in your meditation practice. There are personal meditation instructors that are available in the apps to guide you in proper meditation.
- Convenience and Accessibility – Meditation apps are very convenient and make the practice of meditation accessible to everyone. You can access meditation apps on your smartphone or tablet, anytime and anywhere.
These are the major and very useful benefits of meditation apps and how meditation apps help an individual human.
Criteria for Evaluating Meditation Apps
There are several best meditation apps available on the internet but it is very important to choose the best meditation app for yourself and to choose the best mediation for yourself check out these Key Factors to Consider When Choosing a Meditation App,
- User Interface – When choosing the best meditation app for yourself, you must keep in mind that the interface of the app must be user-friendly. The app should be easy for you to browse through different features and access the meditation content you need.
- Meditation techniques offered – Meditation techniques should be best in the app that you choose. Select an app that provides high-quality guided meditations led by experienced instructors.
- Customization options – Choose an app with customization options and maximum features. If you choose an app with this option then it will be easy for you to do the meditation sessions anytime from anywhere. You can check for features like adjustable session time and short sessions.
- Pricing options – Pricing is a very important factor when choosing the best meditation app. You must compare the pricing of the best meditation apps that are listed in this article and then you can choose the app with a pricing of your budget.
- Offline access – You can check if the app allows you to download your sessions and continue them without the internet as well. It will be a convenient option for you.
- User reviews – Check the Mindfulness app reviews and meditation app ratings on Google and Google Play Store or App Store. You can also check their social pages to know more about the user feedback.
These are some of the main key factors to consider when choosing a meditation app.
Best Apps for Meditation
Headspace app is a popular meditation app and online platform that provides guided meditation, meditation, and mindfulness techniques. The Headspace app comes with a user-friendly interface that is easy to understand and is available on both iOS and Android devices. Headspace features include progress tracking, reminders, short 3-minute mindful meditation sessions, and personalized recommendations based on your goals and preferences. The app offers sessions that are guided by expert instructors.
- Headspace review – 4.5 stars with good reviews and 10M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Headspace – Free for 14 days, then ₹1499/year and ₹124.92/month.
Calm is a meditation app that offers a variety of guided meditations and relaxation techniques to help users achieve a state of calm and reduce stress. Calm offer you to watch sleep stories to help you fall asleep. key features of calm meditation include topics like stress reduction, and better sleep, guided meditation sessions led by experienced instructors. You can also enjoy calming music and nature sounds to feel good and stress-free. The app is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Calm user reviews – 4.5 stars with good reviews and 50M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Calm- Free for 7 days, then $49.99/year and $399.99 for forever.
Insight Timer is an online platform and mobile app that provides a wide range of meditation and mindfulness resources. The app comes with a user-friendly interface and is available on both iOS and Android devices. Insight Timer meditation app offers a variety of features that includes a collection of guided meditations, music tracks, customization Options, and community support. This meditation app offers both free and premium membership.
- Insight Timer user feedback – 4.8 stars with good reviews and 1M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Insight Timer – Free, 7 days free trial then $60/year.
4. Simple Habit
Simple Habit is a meditation app that makes it easy to add meditation to your daily routine. It offers a variety of guided meditations led by experienced instructors. The key features of Simple Habit include progress tracking, reminders, and personalized recommendations. The unique feature of simple habit is that it offers short meditations and an On-the-Go mode that offers quick meditation anywhere anytime. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Simple Habit review – 4.8 stars with good reviews and 5M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Simple Habit – $11.99/month, $89.99/year, and $299.99 for a lifetime.
Ten Percent Happier Meditation is a famous app that makes meditation easy and practical for everyone. The features of Ten Percent Happier Meditation app are stress reduction, sleep improvement, and self-compassion. The benefits of Ten Percent Happier Meditation app are that it focuses on mindfulness meditation, which helps you stay present and non-judgmental. The app comes with a user-friendly interface and is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Ten Percent Happier Meditation reviews – 4.7 stars with 17k+ reviews and 500K+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Ten Percent Happier Meditation – Free for 7 days, then $8.33/month and $99.99/year.
The Mindfulness App is a quite popular mobile application that helps people develop mindfulness and improve their well-being. The Mindfulness App features include a customizable meditation timer, and various topics like stress reduction, sleep, and self-compassion. benefits of The Mindfulness App is that the sessions of guided meditations are led by experienced instructors on. The Mindfulness App has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use and is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- The Mindfulness App reviews – 4.5 stars with 19k+ reviews and 1M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of The Mindfulness App – Free for 7 days, then $24.99/year.
The Walking Up meditation app offers guided meditations led by Sam Harris and other experienced instructors. He is a famous American philosopher, neuroscientist, author, and podcast host. The Walking Up meditation app covers various techniques like breath awareness, body scan, and loving-kindness. The benefit of the Walking Up app is that they focus on neuroscience and philosophy with short sessions. The Walking Up meditation app has a user-friendly interface and is available on both iOS and Android devices.
- Walking Up app reviews – 4.8 stars with 38k+ reviews and 1M+ downloads.
- The subscription cost of Walking Up app reviews – Free for 7 days, then $10month and $99.99/year.
Comparison of Meditation Apps
We have shared some of the best meditation apps in detail with you in the above of this article. Now we will be comparing these best apps with each other so you can choose the best one for yourself. We will be considering user preferences, ratings, and reviews, Meditation app rankings, and top-rated meditation apps while comparing them.
|App Name||Main Features||Pricing Models||User Ratings|
|Headspace||Short and Guided meditations and Sleep sounds for better sleep||₹1499/year|
|4.5 stars with 297k+ reviews|
|Calm||Nature Sounds and Scenes, Calm Masterclass, Breathing Exercises||$49.99/year |
$399.99 for forever
|4.5 stars with 537k+ reviews|
|Insight Timer||Customizable meditation timer, Courses and Learning Programs, Community and groups||$60/year||4.8 stars with 211k+ reviews|
|Simple Habit||Daily Habit feature, On-the-Go Meditations, Sleep support||$11.99/month|
$299.99 for a lifetime
|4.8 stars with 44k+ reviews|
|Ten Percent Happier Meditation||Daily Live Guided Meditations, Meditation Timer, and Reminders, Personal coaching||$99.99/year|
|4.7 stars with 17k+ reviews|
|Daily Live Guided Meditations, Meditation Timer, Reminders, Personal coaching||Mindful Challenges, Meditation Statistics, Offline Mode||$24.99/year||4.5 stars with 19k+ reviews|
|Walking Up||Lessons and Theory, Mindfulness Practices, Reminders||$10/month $99.99/year||4.8 stars with 38k+ reviews|
This Meditation app comparison will help you in choosing the best app for yourself.
Additional Meditation Apps Worth Exploring
3. Smiling Mind – Smiling Mind is Australia’s leading digital-led and most trusted mental well-being app. The Smiling Mind App is a free tool, developed by psychologists and educators. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
4. Breethe – This meditation app will bring peace and restful sleep into your life. Be happier & healthier with over 1700 guided meditations, soothing music, nature sounds, inspirational talks, and much more. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
6. Unplug – This meditation app is having the world’s largest collection of practical meditations designed to help you overcome life’s obstacles and get things done. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
7. Mindfulness with Petit BamBou – It is a multilingual meditation and mindfulness app with over 2,000 guided meditation sessions in 6 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Dutch. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
8. Oak – Oak helps you decompress by transforming your meditation practice from an experiment into a habit. It is available on iOS only.
10. Healthy Minds Program – The Healthy Minds Program is a science-based meditation and mindfulness app. It is designed to cultivate well-being, resilience, and emotional balance. It is available on both iOS and Android devices.
Meditation apps offer numerous benefits that can positively impact various aspects of our lives. Finding the right meditation app for yourself is very important and to make it simple, we have added 17 best meditation apps in this article so you can choose the best one for yourself. There are several other best meditation apps also available you can check out them also.
Meditation apps are mobile apps that are designed to provide guided meditation and mindfulness practices to users.
Both apps are best in terms of best meditation apps. You can choose any of the app according to your preference.
According to research by some of the senior instructors, meditation apps are effective and worth using.