In a hunt for Best Demat account for beginners? Or Best Demat account with no annual fee?
These are some searches that you must be making if you’re entering the world of trading.
Well, if you are a beginner in trading and are looking to build your own portfolio, then you can surely try out these list of Best Demat accounts available for beginners in India. This list is hand-picked & recommended by some of the famous financial experts.
Also, please note that we are sharing the list on the basis of our own in-depth research and from our own experiences.
So let’s take a look at the list of Lowest Brokerage Charges Demat Account in India-
Fyers is an investment and trading platform, where you can buy or sell shares of Indian Stock Market.
It is comparatively new stock broker with one of the best charting and trading setups.
With Fyers, you will get TradingView charting interface where you can trade in delivery, intraday, futures and options very easily.
TradingView is a worldwide famous platform for charting and trading indicators.
Fyers has a huge advantage of having tradingview chart since many intraday traders prefer to look for price action while placing order.
Fyers solves both of this requirements in a single page trading setup.
- Best Charting Platform for trading in India
- Trade directly on chart.
- Drag and drop feature to adjust positions.
- Get Free AMC For Life (Offer for limited time).
- Sometimes chart doesn’t update but this happens on rare occasions.
- Site crashes on peak moments.
- Zero brokerage on equity delivery.
- Max ₹20 across all other segment.
- ₹20 or 0.03% per executed order, whichever is lower.
Upstox is a popular Demat account that aids in trading in digital gold, futures, shares, mutual funds and more easily.
This account can be made in a minute with minimum requirements and can be used for all.
You are also going to be offered detailed market charts via which you will get assistance in making better choices while trading.
This will be a pure paperless account where you are going to get the live insights of the trade market.
And with this one account, you can manage all your stocks and mutual funds easily.
It surely is one of the safest trading apps with no commission trading.
- Start with investing INR 1.
- Trade can be done from anywhere.
- No commission investing.
- Crashing of the website.
- 0.05% or up to INR 20 for intraday and F&O, currencies and commodity orders.
- No commission or mutual funds, digital golds and stocks.
Zerodha is one of the best Demat accounts for beginners in India. You will get advanced charts, market data that would aid in your decision-making process while investing and trading.
The app already comes with around 5 million users.
Their market research data and advanced charts are extensive and full of knowledge that can guide you well and for your ease, and they also come with a separate mobile app that will help in learning trading to the beginners.
You can easily make your own trading platform and trade in mutual funds easily.
Other than the fact that you need to pay INR 200 as opening charges, the app is all good for us.
- Aids in building your trading platform.
- Comes with a learning app.
- Top-notch market research tools.
- You need to pay some opening charges.
- There’s no brokerage fee for equity delivery.
Angel Broking Demat account is not one of the safest but also the oldest one in the list. You are going to get fully research tools in the app that aids in trading mutual funds, futures, equities, IPOs, commodities and currencies.
You are going to get the full range for trading and the app does not ask for your details on each transaction.
The reason this app is famous in India is because it is not only available in English but Hindi too and the process for opening your account is 100% online.
Also, you do not require a lot of money to open your account here as you can also start investing in fractional shares.
As your portfolio will be managed by the professionals, you can get the ready-made portfolio from the app.
- Fractional investments are a big help.
- No brokerage on any trading.
- Free equity for lifetime.
- Zero account management charges for 1st year.
- The customer service is not good enough.
- After the first year, account charges per month will be INR 20.
- 0.25% or INR 20 per executed order for commodities and currencies, futures and options and for Intraday.
- No equity delivery trade.
5Paisa is another best Demat account for beginners in India. 5Paisa Demat account offers various trading options, learning tools, in-depth market research tools, portfolio analysis tools and more to their users.
One can easily invest in commodities, mutual funds, US stocks, gold and more with the help of their tools.
They also offer courses for an understanding of the market.
You can also open a joint Demat account with three members in the app.
It is one of the safest options for trading so far.
- Zero commission on mutual fund investments.
- Available for joint Demat accounts too.
- Several tools such as learning and market research are available.
- Trading via calling is expensive.
- Server issues in peak hours.
- Ultra trader pack at INR 999 per month.
- No commission on mutual funds.
- INR 20 per order brokerage fee for currencies, stocks and commodities too.
- Power investor pack at INR 499 per month.
Sharekhan is another Demat account best suited for beginners. This one is all under one roof trading platform where you can have the market research done by the experts, portfolio management services offered by professionals, and more available.
The app is suitable for beginners because it has plenty of audios and videos available that helps in learning the market trends.
You can easily trade in mutual funds, stocks, bonds, forex, ETFs, futures and more.
The app is being used by many and has gained the trust of some top rated share-brokers as well.
- No minimum deposit needed.
- Portfolio rebalancing.
- All day customer service.
- Notification for prices of your favorite stocks.
- Time taking process for opening an account.
- Annual maintenance charges will be INR 400 and free for the first year.
- Brokerage charges will be 30 paisa per 100 paisa for delivery and 3 paisa per 100 paisa for intraday transactions.
These were the top demat accounts for beginners in India from which one can easily start their trading journey without any hassle. We have included all the top-rated demat accounts that are not only our but everyone’s favorite. Thus, you can totally rely on these apps and get started with your trading journey from now.
Disclaimer: Investment is subject to market risks. Consult your financial advisor before making any trading decisions. The ranking for demat account shared above is my personal opinion.