One of the best and successful mailing network is Gmail. Most of the people use Gmail account to send or receive their emails. If you think that no one can hack your Gmail account then you are wrong. There are few hackers who steal your data. So, it better to protect your Gmail account. So, here in this post, we are going to share few of the best ways through which you can protect your Gmail Account from the hackers.
Best Ways To Protect Gmail Account From Hackers
Contents Of This Post
- 1 Best Ways To Protect Gmail Account From Hackers
- 1.1 Google 2 step verification
- 1.2 2. Using Ugly Email
- 1.3 3. Never Share Your Password
- 1.4 4. Account recovery option: Keep the mobile number up-to-date
- 1.5 5. Use a recovery email address
- 1.6 6. Secondary email address
- 1.7 7. Use strong and long password
- 1.8 8. Use secure connection
- 1.9 9. Incognito
- 1.10 10. Remove Apps Connected to your Account.
Google 2 step verification
The two-step verification is the safe and secure process which will protect your Gmail account. The users are given a one-time login code then a device through google or text authentication app. The device can be laptop, mobile or any. So, to access your Gmail account, the hacker needs to first identify the security code for the device also. This code will come in the form of a number or anything.
2. Using Ugly Email
In this process first, you need to open Google Chrome in the browser.
- In Google Chrome Webstore search for Ugly Email to save your account from tracked emails.
- After it is opened, click on “Add To Chrome” and it is ready to go.
- At the right corner, Ugly Email will be added.
- After adding this, whenever you log in to your Gmail Account and open any mail you will see an evil eye sign. This sign shows that the mail is a tracking email.
Remember this, never ever share your account password with anyone. Even if Google asks your Gmail password then don’t give it directly. Just go to the link https://www.gmail.com or https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin.
4. Account recovery option: Keep the mobile number up-to-date
You need to keep your mobile number up to date because the security code by google will come on that number only. By chance, your account is hacked so they can send your phone number to let Google send you the security code.
5. Use a recovery email address
For sending security codes, Google uses an Email address. So, you need to have a second email ID where Google can send you the security code if you forget your password or anything happens.
6. Secondary email address
To sign in the Gmail account using a secondary email address. NOTE: this secondary account should not be a part of google account or Gmail account.
7. Use strong and long password
Must keep longer and strong password to keep your Gmail account safe. Try to use $, #, *, & in the password to make it strong. Don’t use only words in the passwords which can be easily found.
8. Use secure connection
Set the secure connection by going to Settings > General> Browser connection. Always use VPN to Login. Set the Gmail account to use the secure connection. It is denoted by HTTP before the URL address.
If you are using your account in the public place like cafe or hotel, then use Incognito mode. Using Incognito mode prevent any cookies or web history from getting stored. If you don’t use private mode then delete all the cookies after you log out.
10. Remove Apps Connected to your Account.
Surprisingly, the Gmail users can’t notice when any apps are connected to their accounts because apps get connected to the Google account. Hackers can install the app in the Gmail account from other sources like Play Store. So, you need to go to the page and cancel the unauthorized access.
Use these ways to protect your Gmail account from hackers. All these ways will be helpful to you to secure your Gmail.