Are you confused about whether to shift from your prepaid plan to a postpaid one? More importantly, if you are willing to transfer, then how? Or want to know which is better: prepaid or postpaid? Well, you’re at the right place! We are going to discuss the same.
Here is a complete guide on changing the currently in-use prepaid plan to postpaid plan. By changing it, you are offered many several benefits.
Thus, we will also run you through some of the benefits of postpaid over prepaid.
In addition, No matter which service provider you use, be it Airtel, VI, BSNL, or Jio, this page will surely be of great help.
All the methods to change from prepaid to postpaid are quick to execute.
Prepaid to Postpaid Conversion Online
For Jio Users
Facing difficulties in prepaid to postpaid jio, the mentioned below steps should be followed to complete without difficulty.
- First and foremost, go to the Jio Postpaid website.
- Enter your name and registered Jio Prepaid number and verify your number through OTP.
- Enter your delivery address and click on ‘Submit new Jio SIM request’ to move further with jio prepaid to postpaid online.
- After that, hit the ‘I am interested in Prepaid’ option as well as click on the ‘Port to Jio’ tab.
- Also, check out the Jio postpaid plans before buying the Jio postpaid sim.
- Moreover, A Jio customer care executive will visit you in 3-4 days for
- They will conduct an at-home KYC by verifying your identity and address proofs like Aadhar Card, passport, driving license, etc.
- The executive will also deliver your new Jio Postpaid Plus SIM, which is usually activated in about 24 hours
- A security deposit of Rs. 250 and Rs. 99 for JioPrime is to be given.
- Hope your how to convert prepaid to postpaid jio online query is solved.
For Airtel Users
If you are an Airtel user, and looking for prepaid to postpaid in airtel, then we have come up with a solution.
Complete step-by-step instruction for prepaid to postpaid airtel is given.
Then follow these simple steps to start using airtel prepaid to postpaid online.
- Go to the official website of Airtel.
- Click on the ‘POSTPAID’ tab available on the top.
- Select the ‘Switch Prepaid to Postpaid’ option.
- Choose your preferred option from the various airtel postpaid plans available there.
- Fill in the correct information in the form that pops up and submit it.
- You also have to provide your personal identity and address proofs.
- Notably, an Airtel executive will visit your house to verify your location.
- After that, complete the required verifications and postpaid airtel KYC.
- Hurray!! Your new Airtel Postpaid sim will be delivered to you, usually within 48 hours.
For Vi Users
For how to change prepaid to postpaid VI, follow the instructions given below.
- Visit the official Vi website or download the Vi app.
- Select the Buy Postpaid option and choose from the offered postpaid plans for prepaid to postpaid idea.
- To confirm your order, fill out all of the needed personal information and address fields.
- An SMS will be issued to you alerting you of the VI representative’s visit to your residence.
- They’ll verify your proof of identity and proof of address, as well as your KYC.
- Your VI postpaid plans will be upgraded within 2 to 4 days.
- Whenever all of the necessary procedures and formalities have been completed for prepaid to postpaid vodafone.
For BSNL Users
Unfortunately, there is no online method for prepaid to postpaid BSNL, but the procedure is straightforward.
You may effortlessly switch it to bsnl postpaid offline method and get a variety of postpaid bsnl plans.
Furthermore, to upgrade into postpaid connection in offline mode, every service provider wants users to follow nearly identical methods. So let’s take a closer look at it.
Upgrade Prepaid to Postpaid SIM Offline
Offline conversion of prepaid to postpaid plan involves the following steps —
- Visit your nearest service provider store or customer care center.
- Carry proof of your identity and address with you.
- Inform them that you want to change your existing prepaid plan to postpaid.
- You might be asked to ‘PORT’ your number by sending an SMS to your service provider.
- Submit all the required documents for all networks prepaid to postpaid plans.
- Fill out the application form and submit the security fee if needed.
- Choose your preferred postpaid plan after the documentation process is over.
- This procedure also makes a house visit from the service provider representative, which is very common.
- In that case, keep all the documents ready, and also be prepared for a quick photograph clicked by your personnel with your home.
- Once all the verification, cross-checking, and postpaid KYC are done, you will receive your postpaid sim card.
- Now just the sim activation is left, allowing you to use your upgraded postpaid plan.
- This takes about 24 to 48 hours in most cases.
Prepaid vs Postpaid: Which is Better?
In India, almost everyone only utilizes prepaid networks. Prepaid networks are favored by around 1.5 billion people throughout the world.
Do you know why they prefer prepaid? It’s because it’s cost-effective and flexible.
However, if we discuss postpaid plans, we can save a significant amount of money. Because individuals are unaware of it, there is a lack of thorough awareness about postpaid.
As a result, we’ll examine whether to choose prepaid or postpaid.
To start with, the main difference between prepaid and postpaid plans is the time of payment.
- For prepaid plans, you have to buy the plan & pay before being able to use it. Also, recharge it immediately after the span of the plan is over to be able to use the network connection again.
- Whereas, in the case of a postpaid plan, it can be used without any limitations or restrictions for the duration of the chosen plan. As well as pay the bill according to your usage after the duration ends, i.e., use first pay later.
- Even though both pre and post-paid connections have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Besides, it depends on the user which one works better for them. Whereas many people prefer postpaid over prepaid, and for valid reasons.
- In today’s busy world, there is no denying that recharging on time is becoming more and more difficult. But to use the network with a prepaid plan, timely recharging is vital, as it does not allow further usage once the duration or data limit ends.
- In prepaid networks, you have to again top up over the plan to be able to use the mobile data or call services if they are used up before the designated end date of the plan.
- To avoid this hustle, users are switching to postpaid plans that enable them to use mobile data, call services, and more without such restrictions. Also, pay for whatever services they used after the billing cycle or the span of the plan ends.
- Also, in prepaid plans, you have to pay for everything offered by it, whether you use all of it or not. But in postpaid plans, you have to pay only for what you have used, nothing more, nothing less!
Now that we know both the connections’ ups and downs, let’s see how we can convert the prepaid plans to postpaid ones in a few easy steps.
If you are interested in using the network connection however you want and paying for it later, you should definitely consider opting prepaid to postpaid conversion.
And I hope you will not be facing any more difficulties while switching to a postpaid plan, as you now know how to do it in easy steps.