Unable to send post SMS in BSNL? Don’t worry it’s just you. Many users have been facing the issue.
But not anymore.
We have mentioned every possible solution to send a PORT SMS and get a Porting UPC code so you can port out to different operators easily.
After reading this you will be able to solve the problem for sure because I tested all the methods.
What are you waiting for?
There might be multiple reasons that you are unable to send SMS from your BSNL SIM card.
Let’s find out the reasons and the solution.
#1 Deactivated SMS Service
This could be a reason for the SMS not being sent. If you are not sending any SMS in the last 6 months then your SMS service can be deactivated.
BSNL itself deactivates your SMS service.
How to solve it:
- Firstly, you need to call BSNL customer support.
- Here are the numbers 1503 and 1800-180-1503′
- Call them and ask them to activate the SMS service on your number.
- They will do it.
#2 Wrong SMS Center Number
Sometimes SMS center numbers change due to some reasons.
Don’t worry, you can reset your SMS Center number.
Here’s how to do it:
- First of all, go to your phone’s message settings.
- Here you can see the message center number.
- Now call BSNL number customer care to reconfirm the SMS center number.
- They will give the correct information.
#3 LTE Only
If you are using 4G/LTE only, then it can be a reason that you are unable to send SMS on BSNL. Currently, BSNL running 2G/3G services only so check the mobile setting network option to fix it.
How to resolve it:
- Go to your phone’s Network Settings.
- Now change LTE/4G only to 2G/3G.
- Then try sending an SMS from your BSNL number.
- If not work, restart your phone and try again.
Want To Port Other Network SIM then check this guide: Port BSNL, AIRTEL, VI networks SIM to JIO Via Online MNP Process
#4 New BSNL SIM
If your BSNL is new then you can’t send SMS before 24 hours. It is very small information but useful info.
You need to wait for 24 hours, then try sending the SMS. It takes 24 hours to activate a new BSNL SIM.
#5 Make a Valid Recharge Plan
I have seen many BSNL SIM card holder not recharging their number and still using their phone as the secondary number time of Porting they try to send Port SMS but it will not send because they don’t have a recharge pack.
After Jio, airtel & Vi BSNL also worked on the recharge pack there is no lifetime validity plan anymore.
At the time of Porting make sure you have a Valid Recharge plan that gives validity and an SMS sending facility.
#6 Do a Small Recharge of the Main Balance
Many BSNL SIM card holders doing small recharge packs for porting only and are still not able to send Porting SMS to 1900.
The main reason of that BSNL uses the main balance to send SMS not recharge pack SMS.
How to resolve it:
- Do a Small Recharge of Rs 10.
- Now send an SMS it will cut the balance from Rs 10.
- Now SMS will be sent & You will receive a Porting Code.
How To Send Port SMS in BSNL :
Placing a Porting request is very easy but knowing how to send a port message in the right format is important. Below I have given steps to send the right port instruction to the right number.
- Open your SMS app.
- Now type a new message “PORT space (your 10-digit mobile number)”.
- Send it to 1900.
- Now you will receive your UPC code.
After placing the port message and successfully receiving the UPC code go to the network store and hand over the UPC code.
After doing KYC you will get a new sim and after three days your new sim in the new network activated successfully.
These are some of the common reasons why you can’t send SMS on your BSNL number.
I have shared some actionable tips on how can you fix the BSNL SMS not sending problem. After troubleshooting by reading my tips I am certain that you can send port sms successfully in BSNL.