Jio Happy New Year Offer Extended till 31st March 2017: Full Details
Jio Happy New Year Offer: Reliance Jio Latest News is banging in the News sites, and Technology Blogs with a new update on Jio Welcome Offer 2 or we can say Jio New Year Offer 2017. Today at an event of Reliance Jio, Mukesh Ambani announced that Jio Welcome Offer will shift to Jio New year offer and will continue valid till March 2017.
Jio New Year Offer will be valid till 31st March 2017 and will contain all previous goodies like Free 4G Data, Free Calling, WiFi and all premium services and apps like JioTV, JioMusic, etc.
#Jio News Update: Reliance Jio 100 Rs Plan: Extend Jio Offer till 30th Jun 2017
Jio Welcome Offer will soon be Jio New Year Offer 2017
Contents Of This Post
What About Existing Customers?
Existing customers, do not have to worry since you will be shifted from Welcome Offer to Reliance Jio New Year Offer after 31st December 2016.
What about New Users After 3rd December 2016?
New users who buy Jio SIM on / after 4th December will directly get Jio New Year Offer which will continue till 31st March 2017
Everyone who buys Jio 4G SIM before 3rd March 2017 will get Jio Happy New Year Offer.
Jio Happy New Year Offer 2017 Details
- You will get free high-speed 4G data up to 1GB / day.
- After utilization of 1GB limit speed will become 128 Kbps.
- Free Unlimited Calling.
- Free Premium Apps.
- Validity: 31st March 2017
Why 1GB / Day instead of 4GB / Day in Welcome Offer?
Reliance Jio admits that this step is taken so that all Jio users gets superior data experience. But the one who wants to use more than 1 GB data can activate paid plan which is yet to be clear.
More Information Regarding Jio New Year Offer:
Reliance Jio in the event revealed that approximately 80% of the users are generally using 1 GB per day but 20% users were using a huge amount of data, so the 1 GB per day limit came into existence for Reliance Jio Happy New Year Offer.
As you all might be aware that Jio achieved a milestone of 50 million subscribers in just 83 days so they are highly motivated that 100 million can be easily achieved and the other reasons are that they need to still work on network quality for calls and 4G Internet services.
One more interesting fact revealed was on average a Jio customer is using 20-25 times more data than the broadband users.
Jio Announcement 1st December Event Video Summary
Chairman Full Speech Transcript:
- Good afternoon India, over 52 million Jio customers and the larger Jio Family.
- On 1st of September, I shared with you my belief that Jio is a game-changing
network for India and for Indians.
- In 3 short months, you have proved me right.
- Jio has become the FASTEST GROWING technology company, not only in India, but
in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
- In the first 3 months since its birth, Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp or
- With this HUMBLE REFLECTION, I want to announce today…
- That starting 4th of December, 2016,
Every new Jio user will get…
- Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications and content, absolutely FREE, till 31st March 2017.
- We are calling this the “JIO HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER”.
- During this offer period, Jio and Jio customers, will be able to continue our journey of co-creating and building the best network experience together.
- All our 52 million plus Jio Welcome Offer users will continue to enjoy the unlimited benefits of Jio Welcome Offer till 31st December, 2016.
- And on NEW YEAR’S DAY, all Jio Welcome Offer users will be automatically signed-up for the Jio Happy New Year Offer as well.
- That’s right – No need to PURCHASE A NEW SIM.
- All existing Jio customers will get the extended benefits of Jio Happy New Year offer, till 31st March 2017, on their CURRENT SIM CARD ITSELF.
- Friends, The JIO HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER incorporates a lot of our learnings from the JIO WELCOME OFFER.
- For instance, we have noticed that 80% OF JIO USERS consume less than 1 GB of
- 1 GB per day is still a substantial amount of data. In fact, it is 30 times the average
usage on other networks!
- But, the other 20% of users consume DISPROPORTIONATELY HIGHER amounts of
data, and we have observed that this DISPROPORTIONATE USAGE contributes
significantly to the congestion that I mentioned earlier.
- In short, 20% of the users create a poor experience for the other 80%.
- So, in the JIO HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER, we have fine-tuned our Fair Usage
Policy to ensure that all users get a fair share of Jio’s network capacity.
- During this period Jio customers will also be able to test-drive Jio’s digital recharge
and billing experience, especially using the JioMoney wallet.
- So, under the JIO HAPPY NEW YEAR OFFER, Jio customers will get 30 times the
average usage on other networks ABSOLUTELY FREE till 31st March 2017.
- AND the overall service experience for all customers will be much better.
- All the details of the Jio Happy New Year Offer are available on MyJio, as well as on
- I wish you a very good evening and a Happy, prosperous – and DIGITAL – 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions on Jio Happy New Year Offer
Ques. Do I need to buy a new Jio SIM?
Ans. If you are an existing customer, you do not need to buy a new Jio SIM.
This offer will be automatically extended to you on 1st Jan 2017, when your existing Jio Welcome Offer expires.
In case you are not an existing Jio customer, you need to get a new Jio SIM by providing the coupon code generated on MyJio on your 4G-enabled device.
Additionally, you can purchase a JioFi with a Jio SIM if you have a 2G/3G smartphone.
Ques. Can I get 2 Jio SIMs (1 for Jio Welcome Offer and 1 for Jio Happy New Year Offer) on 1 4G device?
Ans. No. You are allowed to take only 1 Jio SIM per 4G device. In case you have already availed of a Jio SIM, you will automatically get the benefit of both offers on the same SIM and get free benefits till 31st March 2017.
Ques. How to Upgrade to Jio Happy New Year Offer?
Ans. If you buy jio sim after 3rd December, then you will automatically get Jio Happy New Year offer activated.
Ques. What is the validity for Old Welcome Offer for Existing Customers?
Ans. For Jio Welcome Offer validity is 31st December 2016 and from 1st January 2017, old customers will automatically get migrated to Jio Happy New Year Offer.
Ques. Why JIO changed data usage limit from 4 GB to 1 GB?
Ans. According to Reliance Jio, in the Welcome offer around 80% customers were using only 1 GB 4G Data on a daily basis. Only 20% users were using a high amount of data.
So if you are an existing customer, then you are getting 4 GB per day until the end of this year and after that, you will automatically migrate to Reliance Jio New Year Offer benefits.
If you have any doubts regarding Jio Happy New Year Offer 2017, then feel free to comment below, and we will get back to you asap.
Labels: jio new offer