Google Play Store plays the role of most important addon for Android devices but what if you can take advantage of Play Store on your Personal Computer or Laptop?
In this article you learn few methods to get Play Store Download for PC with or without Bluestacks.
Running Android App on PC is quite easy using android emulators but we will also cover other methods to install Google Play Store app for Windows or Mac PC.
If you are unaware about the Android emulators then here are the details along with Google Playstore for PC introduction,
A Brief Information About Play Store Download for PC
Before jumping to the step-by-step tutorial on play store download for PC, let me clear some doubts for you.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions-
Is it possible to run Play Store app on Windows PC?
Running Android apps on PC is possible and so does installing Play Store app on your personal computer.
You can either choose the easier method of using Android emulators like Bluestacks, MEmu, etc or you can install Android OS on Laptop.
Play Store PC Software Information
|App Name||Google Play Store|
|App Size||22.2 MB|
|Requirement||2 GB RAM or above|
List of Methods for Downloading Play Store PC Software
From this list of ways, I will be covering each and every topic in details with a step-by-step guide.
Here are the methods-
- Play Store App on PC using Bluestacks
- Using MEmu Android emulator to run Google Playstore on Windows
- Playstore App on Nox Android App Player
- Google Play on PC using Android Operating System on Virtual Machine
- Google Play Chrome Extension
Download Play Store for PC using Bluestacks
Bluestacks is an Android emulator software available for both Windows and Mac devices.
Google Play Store app comes pre-installed in Bluestacks App Player.
So all you need to do is download Bluestacks for Windows 10,8,7 or Mac OS and login to your Google account.
Here are the steps to follow-
- Download Bluestacks Android Emulator on your personal computer or laptop,
- During installation process you have to enter your Google account details,
- After successful login, you can use Google Play Store app to download any Android app,
- You can also sideload any specific Play Store version by downloading it from APKPure website,
- Click here to download Play Store App from APKPure,
- You will get an APK file,
- Open Bluestacks and click on Install APK button,
- Choose Play Store APK file from your download folder and installation will start.
Run Google Playstore on PC using MEmu Play
When it comes to benchmark and performance MEmu is giving a tough fight to other Android emulators in the market.
I would recommend you to download MEmu Play emulator which have Google Play Store pre-installed.
The only issue with MEmu Play emulator is that it only comes for Windows PC.
Step to download MEmu and run Play Store app-
- Head over to MEmu Play official website to download the latest version,
- Install the MEmu Play Software,
- Signin to your Google account,
- Now you can open Google playstore app and enjoy all the apps on your PC,
- You can also sideload playstore.apk file on MEmu using APK button present on the right menu panel.
Installing Google Play Store App on Nox Player
NoxPlayer is another popular android emulator to play mobile games and apps on PC.
It is a free Android emulator for both Mac and Windows 10,7 PC.
There are certain talks in various forums that it is bloated with useless apps but that can be easily removed using this github method.
Here are the steps-
- Go to NoxPlayer official website and choose NoxPlayer version for your system,
- You can also try out Android 9 beta version for extra features,
- Now after installation on Windows or Mac Laptop, login to Google Play Store,
- If you don’t have Play store app then you can sideload it using APK file,
- After login you can use it same as your mobile Play store app,
- Download and enjoy millions of apps of your choice on a bigger screen.
Access Google Play Store by Installing Android OS on Virtual Machine
For installing Android operating system on virtual box, you need to have the VirtualBox software and Android x86 ISO file.
But before going ahead, make sure you have virtualization option enabled in BIOS menu.
Here is the step-by-step tutorial to install Android OS on VirtualBox-
- First of all download and install latest version of VirtualBox on Windows or Mac PC,
- Now go to Android-x86 official website and click on Download button to get the ISO file,
- Open VirtualBox VM manager and click on New button,
- A popup window will open for creating new virtual machine,
- Enter Android in the Name field, choose Linux in type and version,
- Click next and allocate memory size for this virtual machine,
- Leave every other settings as it is and click on Create button to complete Android OS setup,
- Now choose the newly created Android OS and click on Start button,
- Select the storage space and complete the Android OS installation process by following this tutorial by Howtogeek,
- Once installed open Android OS and do the initial setup process,
- Finally you can click on pre-installed Play Store app and login to Google account.
How to Run Play Store on PC?
Benefits of Play Store App for PC
- Bigger Screen– With play store app on PC you can have a bigger screen of your Windows 7 PC or Mac Laptop. You can test millions of apps or games on bigger screen for full comfort and quality.
- Better Performance– You can checkout mobile games on PC with better performance. Your PC power is definately much better than smartphone.
- Download Movies & TV Shows– Many OTT apps only give offline download access for mobile users but now you can use the same feature to download and save your favorite movie or TV series on your Computer with bigger and better screen and HD sound.
FAQs on Play Store PC Software
- How can I download Google Play Store on my PC?
You can download Google Play Store on your PC using Bluestacks Android emulator software. This application is available for both Windows and Mac PC. You can also stand out and use Android OS on VirtualBox to experience Google Playstore app on a bigger screen.
- Is there a Google Play Store for PC?
The only official PC version of Google Play Store comes with Chromeboox, but you can download playstore.apk file from APKPure website and install on any Android emulator software or Android OS on Virtual machine to try out different Android apps.
- Is there any app like Play Store for PC?
There are many app stores which are similar to Play Store for PC. For example, Samsung's galaxy store, Mi Store for Xiaomi users, Microsoft store with PC version of mobile apps and many other unofficial stores like APKPure that have a huge database of APK files for millions of Android apps.
- How do I install my Play Store app?
You can download latest version of Play Store app from any APK downloading websites like APKPure. You can even try out older versions of playstore app provided on apkpure.com website.
Here are some of the other apps for PC that you can try after installing Google Play store app on pc-
- Hotstar Download for PC
- Jio TV App for PC
- Airtel TV App for PC
- NCERT App for PC
- Unacademy App for PC
- Zee5 App for PC
- Kinemaster App for PC
- National Test Abhyas for PC
I hope you liked this detailed post on Play Store for PC Download.
You can try any of the Android emulators for trying out Google playstore.
I have also mentioned Android OS method which is similar to ChromeOS that comes with Google Play Store pre-installed.
If you still have any doubts or getting error while installing Play Store App on PC then leave us a comment below for quick resolution.