As the RBI has launched the Udgam Portal this week, it ensures consumers can access Fixed Deposit Details as well as Savings Bank account details associated with PAN Number, Voter ID Number, Driving License Number, or Passport Number.
For example, suppose someone opened a Savings Account or Fixed Deposit in Punjab National Bank 20 years ago using their Voter ID Number, but has forgotten the account details or lost the passbook.
In such a case, the Udgam Portal can help you retrieve the details based on the inputs provided on the website.
By using RBI‘s Official Udgam Portal, one can find out the information about unclaimed deposits. You have to enter relevant details about the beneficiary.
Currently, the Udgam Portal is providing data from 6 banks. More banks will be added to the list in the near future.
How To Find Unclaimed Fixed Deposit Account Details ?
- First Of All Visit RBI’s Official Udgam portal
- Then Register on the website or choose login option if you already have account on Udgam portal
- Now , You’ll get an interface to input your details and search for beneficiary
- Here, you can search for individual as well as non-individual beneficiaries.
- Enter your details, and if there is a match based on your input, it will be displayed on the screen .
- You can note down the UDRN Number and Export details in PDF from there
- You can attach the copy along with the necessary documents required for claiming the deposit amount as per norms to the respective bank.
Note : You can search whole area unclaimed funds by just searching city name also.
How To Claim The Fixed Deposit Amount ?
The process to claim the unclaimed fixed deposit amount varies from bank to bank. Below, we are attaching the official link of the procedure provided by each bank to claim the unclaimed deposits.
You can click on the bank name below to learn about the whole process.
Normally, the process requires identity proof, address proof, details of the bank account holder, a latest photograph, and other mandatory documents if required.
If the person is alive, they can claim the amount very easily. Else, the claimant of the amount should be one of the nominees.
If the nominee is not available, the branch will confirm the verification of the beneficiary before releasing the amount.
You can also click on the bank name above to learn about the claiming process of each respective bank .
Final Words :
So, guys, this post is all about the Udgam portal and the process of how to know unclaimed fixed deposit account details. By using this, one can check the unclaimed fixed deposit (FD) account details through the portal and then proceed to the bank to claim that amount.
You can search for details by ID number and place as well.
I hope this article will help you if you’re looking for how to know the unclaimed FD account details on the internet.
Please do share this post to encourage us to write similar informative articles on tech and finance.