Linking your PAN card with your Aadhaar is mandatory as per the Indian Income Tax Department.
If you have an Aadhaar card and a PAN card, you have to link them. Otherwise, your PAN will be inoperative.
Maybe you haven’t linked your Aadhaar with your PAN number.
Fortunately, you can do it online.
Let’s see how you can do so.
Here are the requirements for linking your PAN card to your Aadhaar card.
- PAN Card Number
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Mobile Number
- Active Internet connection
If you want to know if your PAN is linked with Aadhhar or not? You can check that online.
And you don’t need to pay anything to check Aadhaar card PAN card link status.
- First, visit the Income Tax Portal.
- Now you can see Link Aadhaar Status. Click on that.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar card number. Click on View Link Aadhaar Status.
- If your PAN is linked with your Aadhaar, it will show like this Your PAN XXXXXXXXX is already linked to the given Aadhaar XXXXXXXXXXXX.
- And if it didn’t link it will show that your PAN is not linked to your Aadhaar.
You can link your PAN card with your Aadhaar online through the Income Tax portal.
Here’s how to link Aadhaar with PAN card online step by step.
- First of all, visit the official Income Tax Portal
- Now on the left side, you can see “Link Aadhaar”.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number.
- Click on Validate. It will show payment details not found for this PAN.
- Now click on Continue To Pay Through E-Pay Tax. You have to make a payment of Rs.1000.
- Enter your PAN card number and mobile number. Click on Continue.
- Verify your mobile number using OTP.
- Now click on proceed under Income Tax.
- Select the latest Assessment Year.
- Now select Other Recipients in the Type of payment. Click on Continue.
- It will show you Rs.1000 amount. Click on Continue.
- Select your preferred payment method and click on Continue. If you want to pay via UPI then select Payment Gateway and choose any bank want.
- Click on Submit to Bank.
- Now pay the amount.
- Once the payment is successful, you can download the challan.
- Wait for 4 to 5 days after making the payment. It takes some time to reflect the amount.
- After that again visit the Income Tax Portal.
- Click on Link Aadhaar. Enter your PAN and Aadhhar Card. Click on Validate.
- It will show that the payment is successful. Click on Continue.
- Now enter your name as per your Aadhaar. Tick I agree box.
- Finally, click on Link Aadhaar.
- Your PAN Card will be linked to your Aadhaar.
How To Link PAN Card With Aadhaar Card Through SMS:
Linking PAN threw AADHAR is very easy now Gov makes it more comfortable who do’t use internet or did not much knowledge then by sending SMS command it became very easy.
Let drive in to the steps to do linking via offline SMS method.
- Go to SMS box & type UIDPAN <12 digit Aadhaar> <10 digit PAN>
- Now send it to 567678 or 56161.
- You will Get confirmation message that Your aadhar linked to Pan Card.
- Bingo ! You have successfully Linked AADHAR to PAN Card.
The deadline to link PAN with Aadhaar has been extended several times.Income Tax again declared that the last date is 31st march 2023.
You can check your Aadhaar PAN linking status using the above method.
You need to pay a penalty fee of Rs.1000.
First, you need to make the payment of Rs.1000. Once you make the payment, it will take 4-5 days to reflect the amount in your account. After making the payment you can link your Aadhaar with your PAN.
You just need your Aadhaar and PAN card numbers.
Your PAN card will become inoperative if you don’t link it.
Conclusion On Link Aadhaar With PAN
This is a complete guide linking Aadhaar with a PAN card. It is important to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar as it is mandatory as per the Indian Income Tax Department.
The process of linking PAN cards with Aadhaar helps to eliminate the possibility of fraudulent transactions and ensures that taxpayers’ records are accurate.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily link your PAN card with your Aadhaar.