I see that you are looking for the best browser download for your newly purchased Smart TV. Well, your search for the Best Browser for Android TV is complete here. According to MakeUseOf, Puffin TV Browser tops the chart but I beg to defer.
So if you want to:
- Browse the internet on your smart television
- Download a file like an Android app APK file on your Android TV
- Use the web interface of Netflix, Prime Videos, or any other similar OTT sites
- Give business presentations using Google Docs on Smart TV
- Give an exam on a bigger screen of your Android TV using the keyboard and mouse attached.
Then you will love this guide on the best, smooth, and user-friendly browsers for Android Smart Television.
Let’s get started right away,
List of Best Browser for Android TV 2023
There are many browsers available for mobile phones or computers but what about Android TV? This guide helps you choose the most user-friendly and Best Web Browser for TV out there dedicated to Television screens.
Here is a quick list of browsers which I will discuss in detail below-
- JioPagesTV – Safe and Fast Web Browser for TV
- Firefox for Android TV
- Samsung Internet Browser
- UC Browser
- Puffin TV Browser
- TVWeb Browser for TV
- Google Chrome
- TV Bro
- DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
- Kiwi Browser
- Vewd Browser
- Amazon’s Silk Browser
I will categorize these browsers based on their ease of use. First, I will list the top 3 Best Browsers for TV that work perfectly on any Android TV like Realme, Redmi, mi, Google, Samsung, One Plus, etc. Then, a few more browsers also do the job with few limitations.
Here is brief information about the Best Free Browser for Android TV free with its key features –
#1 JioPagesTV Safe and Fast Web Browser for TV
JioPages is a popular web browser designed for Android Smart TV, bringing many benefits along with it. It is one of the fastest TV browsers with a secure and smooth browsing experience. It comes with curated content like the latest news or videos. There is no hidden charge for downloading or browsing on JioPages TV-Browser app. This Best TV Browser for Android TV was created by one of the most trusted companies in India, Reliance Jio.
Features of JioPagesTV Smart TV Browser –
- Option to browse from 8 different regional languages of India
- It comes with a dedicated & fast download manager
- You can open and read PDF files using an in-built PDF reader
- Curated video content based on 20+ categories.
#2 Firefox for Android TV
Firefox for Android TV is one of the most popular and widely used browsers on smart television. It comes with almost all the basic benefits of a browser like surfing and video streaming. You can sideload Firefox to the TV APK file by downloading it from APKMirror or Github. Download it on your mobile or PC and transfer the file to TV using Pendrive. Firefox TV Browser is quite lightweight and highly user-friendly. Apart from normal browser functionality, you will also enjoy the power of Turbo mode which is a privacy and speed-oriented addon.
Features of Firefox for Android TV –
- Turbo mode to block third-party cookies and high-speed browsing experience
- The browser comes with an integrated cursor that can be moved using a TV remote
- You can read news, watch videos, or stream upcoming web series from sites like primevideo.com
- Feature of voice search to ease your browsing experience
- Access to Curated content on Pocket.
#3 Samsung Internet Browser for TV
Samsung Smart TVs are one of the most purchased and reliable televisions out there. Samsung Smart TV comes with its own Best Browser App for Android TV Samsung called Samsung Internet Browser which has tons of features like browsing, downloading, and streaming videos online. Some smart TV comes with a Samsung TV browser and in some case, you need to download it manually from the Google Play Store app present inside Smart TV. You can also sideload Samsung TV APK files on other companies’ Android TVs by downloading them from third-party sources like APKMirror.
Features of Samsung Smart TV Browser –
- It comes with dark mode support which gives relief to the eyes while browsing.
- You get a translator extension to translate from one language to another.
- For privacy freaks, it comes with smart anti-tracking and a smart protection mechanism.
- Forward and Backward cache support that makes browsing faster.
- It also has a content-blocker feature.
#4 UC Browser for Android TV
UC Browser is one of the most famous browsers across the mobile spectrum but due to its involvement with China and data privacy, it was banned in India. But if you are outside India then you can also try out the UC Browser on your Android Smart TV. It has a smooth user interface and download is super fast.
#5 Amazon Silk Web Browser for TV
With Amazon Silk browser you can easily control videos & music using Alexa. Some say this browser is even better than Firefox in terms of watching videos online from any website. This browser is a stop solution for watching videos, viewing live events, socializing, and shopping. It offers a variety of features such as switching between desktop and mobile view. You can even bookmark your favorite sites.
Final Thoughts on Smart TV Internet Browser
I hope just like Amazon mini tv on Android TV worked on TV-Browser, one of these browsers turned out to be working for your Android Smart TV.
I will be adding more details about other TV Browsers in the upcoming days. If you have a TV browser in your mind that works for you then please share it in the comment section below.
Best Browser for Android TV Adblock:
- Google Chrome
- Puffin Browser
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome For Android TV
- Firefox for Android
- UC Browser
FAQ’s on Best Browser for Android TV:
What is the best browser for Android TV?
In most cases, Chrome is the top choice, but other popular options include Firefox and Puffin TV-Browser. To make the best choice, consider factors like browsing speed, ease of use, and any extra features offered by each browser.
Can I install a Web browser on Android TV?
Yes, you can install a web browser on Android TV by downloading one from the Google Play Store or sideloading it using an APK file.
What is the fastest browser on TV?
The fastest browser on TV can vary depending on the TV’s operating system and hardware, but popular options include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Silk Browser for Amazon Fire TV.
Can I install a browser on my TV?
Yes, you can typically install a browser on a Smart TV that supports app installations, such as those running on platforms like Android TV or WebOS.
Can we install any app on Android TV?
You can install apps on Android TV from the Google Play Store, but not all Android apps are optimized or compatible with the TV platform.