Want to run your mobile apps on your Android TV?
Yes, You can install any android app on your TV. Even it’s showing incompatible on your TV.
In this post, I am going to share some ways how to run a mobile app on Android TV.
Let’s just dive in…
There are a bunch of methods available to install third-party apps on your TV.
Here are the 6 methods to install apps on TV.
You can use your Android mobile to install apps on your TV. Just you need to download an app called on Send Files to TV.
Here’s how you can do it:
- First of all, look for the Setting option on your TV.
- Now select “Device Preferences”. Then select “Settings & Restrictions”.
- Select “Unknown Sources” and enable it to install apps from unknown sources.
- Download the APK that you want to install on your TV.
- Now install “Send files to TV” on your smartphone and TV.
- Open the app on TV and click on Receive.
- Now open it on your smartphone and tap on Send.
- Once you receive the file on your TV. Now you need to install it.
- You should have a file manager on your TV. You can install any file manager like Sold Explorer from Play Store.
- After installing the file manager, open it.
- Now chooses internal storage, where you can see the APK file.
- Finally, install the app on your TV.
Read How to Run : Hotstar for PC: FREE Download App for Windows
Yes, you can use the casting feature to run android apps on your TV.
You need to connect your TV and smartphone to the same WIFI network.
- Turn on your TV and connect to the WIFI network. Once your TV is turned ON it enables screen mirroring automatically.
- Now connect your smartphone to the same WIFI network.
- Go to your smartphone’s Settings and search for “Cast” or “Wireless display”.
- Enable it and you’ll be able to see the TV.
- Just tap on that and give the required permissions.
- Voila! Now you can see your phone’s screen on your TV.
- You can use any app on a big screen.
Method #3: How To Install Apps Using Play Store
It’s the easiest and most obvious way to install apps on Android TV.
Here’s how you can do it.
- First, of all log in to your Google account, if you haven’t yet.
- Take the remote and press the Home button.
- Here you can see all the apps, select the Google Play Store.
- Search for the app in the Play Store that you want to install.
- Then click on the install button.
- Wait till the app is installed on your TV.
- That’s it.
If you have a Pendrive and PC, you use android apps on TV.
Even you can do that on a mobile, in that case, you need to use an OTG cable.
Here’s how you can do it.
- The very first step download the APK that you want to install.
- Now connect your Pendrive to your PC or smartphone.
- Copy the APK file and paste it on your Pendrive.
- Then connect the Pendrive to your TV.
- Finally, install the APK on the TV.
- Boom! You’re done.
If you are looking for a guide on how to install apps on android tv without google play, you can try the above trick.
ADB refers to Android Debug Bridge. It’s a tool for developers. They use it for debugging Android applications.
ADB can be used for installing apps on TV.
You need a PC and smartphone to set up the ADB.
How to set up ADB on Windows.
- First, you need to download the ADB on your PC.
- It’s a Zip file. You need to extract it.
- Extract the file to a folder.
- Now go to the folder and type “cmd” and press enter.
- Once you press enter. A command prompt will appear.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Now go to your phone’s “Settings” and search for USB debugging.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone.
- Now type “adb devices” on the company prompt.
- A popup will appear on your smartphone. Just tap on Allow.
- Now you can see your phone connected to your PC.
- ADB is installed successfully.
How To Use ADB To Install App on TV:
- Turn on your TV and enable “Install unknown apps”. Go to Settings > Device Preferences > Security & Restrictions > Unknown Sources.
- You need to have a file manager on your android TV. You can install it from Google Play Store. Allow the file manager to install apps.
- Now open Settings on your TV.
- Select Network and Internet.
- Look for the IP address of your TV.
- Now open ADB on your PC and run “adb connect(Put the IP address here)”.
- Press enter and your TV will be connected to your PC.
- Download the APK file on your PC that you want to install on your TV.
- Now move the APK file to the ADB folder. Rename the file and make it shorter e.g. chrome.APK
- Then run “adb install (aapkname).apk and hit enter.
- The app will be installed on your TV.
You can install unknown apps on your TV using the above method.
Also Try This : Jio TV for PC – (Download & Install) on Windows 11/10/7 or Mac
It’s one of the easiest ways to install apps on TV.
You can use Google Drive or any other cloud storage service to install the app on your TV.
I am showing the tutorial with Google Drive as most users prefer this.
- First, download the APK on your mobile and upload it to your same Google Drive account.
- Make sure you have already installed a file manager on your TV. Most file managers have cloud storage features.
- Now tap on Menu and here you can see the cloud option.
- Login to your Google Drive with the login credentials that you are using on your mobile.
- Now you can see the APK file on your file manager(TV).
- Select the APK file and allow all permissions.
- You might need to enable installation from unknown sources if you haven’t enabled it already.
- Hurray, You’ve installed the app on your TV.
I have shared 6 methods to run mobile apps on Android TV.
Let me which method you gonna try first.