Customize your Redmi smartphone by hiding apps for increased privacy and organization. By hiding apps, you can save your sensitive data and maintain your privacy. You can keep your banking apps, private apps, and social media apps away from the open surface of your device, this will help you when you share your device with someone for a time.
App hiding is a feature that is available on many smartphones, including Redmi devices, that allows you to hide specific applications from the app menu, home screen and app drawer.
With the help of this feature you can hide any of your apps whether it is a banking app or any of your social media apps, you can hide that app in a hidden space that can be accessed by you only. Hiding apps on MIUI offers several benefits to users.
How to Hide Apps in Redmi?
To hide apps in Redmi, go to the home screen setting option, long-press on the app you want to hide, select “Hide,” and confirm. Alternatively, use the “App Lock” feature in the Security app to hide and secure apps with a password.
App Hiding Methods in Redmi
There are a few available methods to hide apps in Redmi. Let’s have a look at the methods to hide apps in Redmi.
Method 1: Hiding apps using the built-in app MIUI settings hiding feature
All Redmi or MIUI devices come with special app-hiding features. You can hide any apps using the inbuilt feature accessed via the device settings.
Access this feature by going to the settings of your Redmi device.
Method 2: Hiding apps using Third-Party Apps/Launchers
Hiding apps using third-party launchers is a method to hide specific applications on your smartphone. These launchers provide extra customization options beyond the default launcher.
You can download any launcher from the Google Play Store, such as Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, or Microsoft Launcher.
Method 3: Using App Folders
Hiding apps using app folders is a method to hide applications on your Redmi smartphone. It involves creating a folder on your home screen and organizing selected apps within it.
By doing so, you can effectively hide the apps from the home screen and app drawer.
Benefits of App Hiding
- Privacy Protection: The main and very useful benefit of App Hiding is that it protects your privacy and you can hide sensitive apps and also protect some of your conversations that you want to hide from everyone.
- Enhanced Security: App Hiding features allow you to add an extra layer of security to your Redmi smartphones. In any of the devices, we can lock the apps with the help of security options that are available in built but hiding the app adds extra security.
- Reduced Clutter: With the help of App Hiding you can clear messed up apps of your home screen. Many smartphones including Redmi MIUI come preloaded with numerous apps that make no sense, major of the audience doesn’t use those apps and sometimes you can’t even uninstall those apps. By hiding those less important or unused apps, you can make your home screen clear and easy to navigate.
- Customized User Experience: App hiding allows you to personalize your MIUI Redmi device experience. By using the app hiding feature you can show only those apps on your home screen which you want to see and use.
- Parental Controls: The app Hiding feature can be beneficial for parents. Parents can use the app hiding feature for hiding certain apps that they don’t want their children to see and use those apps.
- Focus and Productivity: App Hiding helps you to be focused on your study and other things. You can hide the apps that distract you while studying via your smartphone.
Overall, App Hidings provides several benefits. Let’s move on to Redmi app hiding tips and How to hide apps on Redmi.
How to Use App Vault on Redmi
App Vault is a feature available on Redmi devices that provides quick access to various tools, apps, and shortcuts. Here’s how you can use App Vault on your Redmi smartphone.
To use the App Vault in Redmi, we first have to activate it via settings.
Let’s take a look at the steps of How to activate App Vault in Redmi.
Step 1: Open Settings on your Redmi device.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on the “Home Screen” option.
Step 3: Now you will see an option for App Vault.
Step 4: Turn the toggle of App Vault on.
Done, Now the App Vault is activated on your Redmi device.
Let’s take a look at How to use App Vault in Redmi.
- Using the App Vault is simple and easy. To use App Vault on your Redmi smartphone, Swipe right on your home screen to access App Vault. It is usually located on the leftmost screen.
- You can also customize the App Vault by tapping on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner. From there, you can customize it according to your preferences.
Step-by-Step Guide: Hiding Apps Using the MIUI Built-in Feature
The MIUI Hidden Apps feature is a built-in option exclusive to Xiaomi’s MIUI interface and for Redmi users. It is used for Hiding apps on Redmi with native features. This feature allows users to hide specific apps from their device’s app drawer and home screen, effectively keeping them out of view. Let’s take a look at the Step-by-step app hiding tutorial.
Step 1: Open the MIUI Settings on your Redmi device.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “App Lock & Privacy.”
Step 3: Now Turn on the App Lock
Step 4: Look for the “Hidden Apps” option and tap on it.
Step 5: Select the apps you want to hide by turning the switch on that is next to each app.
Once you have selected the apps, the hidden apps will no longer be visible on your home screen and no one will get to know about the hidden apps.
Also Read: How To Book Delhi Metro QR Ticket On Phone
Alternative Methods for App Hiding
I have already shared some of the methods above that can be used to hide apps from your Redmi smartphones but When it comes to hiding apps on Redmi devices, there are some alternative methods as well that you can use alongside the built-in app hiding feature and third-party launchers. Here are a few options that are alternatives to native apps hiding on Redmi.
1. Using the Second Space Feature:
- Second Space is a unique feature that is available in Redmi devices. It allows you to create a separate virtual space within your device. You will have two separate user profiles on the same device, each with its own apps and different data.
- You can use the Second Space as an alternative for the hiding app. You can download the app in the second space that you want to hide from others. It is one of the best alternative methods for apps hiding in Redmi or for MIUI devices.
2. Using third-party apps from the Google Play Store
- There are several third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you hide apps on your Redmi device. You can use these apps as an alternative for hiding apps in your Redmi or MIUI devices. Third-party app hiders for Redmi work for free.
Best third-party app hiders for Redmi
- HideU: Calculator Lock – It allows you to hide all types of files, including photos, videos, and apps in hidden space with calculator password protection.
- Dialer Lock-AppHider – It allows you to hide any app and keep your privacy by hiding apps. You can open hidden apps in Dialer Lock or the interface of your phone.
- Nova Launcher – Nova Launcher is a powerful, customizable, and versatile home screen replacement. You can easily hide apps from the app drawer, keeping them out of visibility.
Managing Hidden Apps and App Visibility
You can manage Unhiding apps on Redmi and their visibility through:
How to unhide or access Hidden Apps in Redmi
- Open the MIUI Settings on your Redmi device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “App Lock & Privacy.”
- Now Turn on the App Lock
- Look for the “Hidden Apps” option and tap on it.
- Select the apps you want to unhide by turning the switch off that is next to each app.
Organizing and Maintaining Hidden Apps
- It is very important to manage and organize the hidden apps. Organizing hidden apps on Redmi will help you in unhiding and using the app on time otherwise you will forget your important work because of the hidden app feature.
- When we hide any app then the system automatically turned off the notifications of the app, so you must keep a record of the hidden apps in notes or any area from where you can remember the hidden apps and use them accordingly.
Conclusion and Final Tips
App Hiding offers several benefits such as Privacy Protection, Enhanced Security, and many more. In this article, we have provided the solution for hiding apps in Redmi devices. You can use these methods to hide apps in your Redmi devices and MIUI devices as well. We have added multiple methods to hide apps in Redmi, all the listed methods in this article are working and verified by me personally.
If you have any suggestions or queries then feel free to contact us.