BHIM App by Modi: Here we have covered everything you need to know about BHIM, the UPI enabled app from NPCI launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Digi Dhan Mela event in New Delhi. BHIM App is an approach by Government of India to ease the process of digital payment and strengthen the cashless society.
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money, an Android app which is packed with UPI and USSD based payment facility at one place.
The app has some mind blowing features like fingerprint authentication. So below we are going to elaborate what is BHIM app and how to use it for payment.
#Update: Download New BHIM App v1.2 Update
How to Download BHIM App?
BHIM APK Download: Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone.
BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. You can download BHIM App from Below Link –
BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). BHIM is made in India and dedicated to the service of the nation.
You May Also Like: UPI App: What is UPI and How it Works for Payment [Complete Info]
How to Use Bhim App for Payment?
|BHIM App Download||Android|
|Release Date||30th Dec 2016|
|Key Features||UPI, USSD Payment|
- Download BHIM Apk [Google Play Store Link] and install it on your phone.
- Open the app and set PIN for the app.
- Enter your mobile number (which is registered with your Bank)
- Now select the Bank and the application will auto-detect your account via Mobile number.
- Enter card details to verify your account.
- Now you will be either asked to choose UPI PIN, or if you already have one UPI VPA, then the process will end.
Download for BHIM UPI APK is done, now we are going to tell you how you can send money via BHIM App using UPI alias.
How to Send Money using BHIM App?
- When you are on Home Screen of BHIM App, click on Send button.
- Now enter your UPI PIN.
- Enter the UPI ID of the person you are sending money to and click on verify.
- Then enter the amount you want to send.
- Finally click on Pay button and money will be transfered instantly.
Features of BHIM Android App
- Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family, and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non-UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
- Check Balance: You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
- Custom Payment Address: You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
- QR Code: You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
- Transaction Limits: Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
- Language supported: Hindi and English. More languages coming soon!
You May Also Like: How to Accept Paytm Payments at Your Shop? [Hindi + English]
All UPI Supported Banks:
Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, IndusInd Bank, Karnataka Bank, Karur Vysya Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, RBL Bank, South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, State Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, Union Bank of India, United Bank of India, Vijaya Bank.
Few Important Points & All About USSD Feature:
- With BHIM App, your mobile number will be your main identifier.
- Ex.: phonenumber@upi
- The app has features like account balance check.
- Scan QR Code to send or receive payment if you don’t want to share mobile number.
- Under profile section, you can create custom payment address.
- USSD feature can be used by dialing *99# on any phone to access your Bank details securely.
Before i wrap this article let me tell you NPCIL Bhim app is Word no 1 app for payment transfer and many countries are looking to adopt BHIM model in their country .Feel proud for this Indian achievement and do share this article.
If you have any questions regarding BHIM app, then feel free to comment below, and we will get back to you asap.
I will launch a Mobile App which will enable easier digital payments & transactions. The App will immensely benefit our citizens.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 30, 2016
Don’t forget to share this with your friends on social media and educate them with this new initiative by PM Narendra Modi Ji. Thanks for reading. :)